Search

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Poem 7



Canoeing on Alouette
A sensational camping trip on Alouette Lake

One breezy evening long past its dawn
I betook myself on Alouette with the paddles drawn
The dense fog around me danced like a faun
As I stretched out my torsos to yawn.

My campsite on the shore seemed not far ahead
The setting sun above the horizon was ebulliently red
I followed close as the flock of Canada goose led
Who, after a long day of searching, seemed pretty well fed.

I hear the canoe finally touched the rocky shore
I met again the cedar trees, the soldiers whom I adore
The chopped cedar was stacked together; a fire I implore
But the wet drizzling rain rendered me unsure

After the cold bagel topped with sour cream
I set up my tent as the distant stars in the night sky gleam
The night is quiet with tapping on the tent and flow of a distant stream
And soon, the never-ending rain allowed me to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment